Flooding is one of the most damaging natural disasters for our state’s economy – and even though South Australia has renowned a dry climate, many parts of Adelaide and the state can flood and do regularly.
If you live, work or are visiting a flood-prone area, there are some key things you can do now to prepare:
- Know your local area — is there a history of flooding?
- Learn where to go for safety and the safe routes to get there.
- Keep a list of Emergency Contacts handy.
- Put together an Emergency Kit including a battery-powered radio, torch and spare batteries.
- Check your insurance policy is current and covers you for flood damage.